Michigan Dept. of Natural Resources (MI DNR) in continuing to pursue growth in archery and bowhunting in Michigan. As part of that effort, MI DNR is hiring a Department Analyst 12/Archery in Schools to replace Mary Emmons, who served as the state’s archery and bowhunting education coordinator. Earlier this year, Emmons accepted a new position with USA Archery as its outreach director.
- Job Title: Department Analyst 12/Archery in Schools
- Job Responsibilities: National Archery in the Schools Program, Recreational Archery Program, Explore Bowhunting and general growth of archery and bowhunting in the state.
- Applications accepted until: Sun. 07/29/12 11:59 PM Eastern Time
- Link to job information: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/michigan/default.cfm. NOTE: You will have to run a search from here or get to the position directly by using the longer link below.
Michiganians: Did You Know?
- The ATA has provided $837,000 to the Michigan Department of Natural Resources and the Demmer Shooting Sports, Education and Training Center and Humphries Archery Park to implement school and after-school archery programs in the Lansing area.
- So far, Explore Bowhunting has been implemented by 8 states and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. These states are Alabama, Arizona, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Virginia. Michigan now has over 40 programs started.
- During the past 2 years, ATA used a $266,000 grant from the state wildlife agencies FET funds to work with several states (including Michigan) to test, modify and implement Explore Bowhunting, an educational program designed for young people 11 to 17.
- When state archery coordinators were asked in 2011 if they used federal excise taxes (FET) to benefit archery programs, 84 percent said yes, including Michigan.
- To date, ATA has spent over $940,000 in Michigan that helped create a permanent archery coordinator in the state, grow the National Archery in the Schools Program and Explore Bowhunting, develop the Recreational Archery Program in addition to building the Demmer Center.
Director of Archery and Bowhunting Programs
Archery Trade Association