Requests over $25,000: All project proposals and grant requests over $25,000 must be received by the Foundation by March 1 for the Spring review or September 1 for the Fall review to be considered by the Foundation in the semi-annual grant review process.
Summer Programs: All archery equipment grant applications for summer programs must be submitted by February 1st. Approval/Denial notification will be sent by May 1st.
Fall Programs: All archery equipment grant applications for fall programs must be submitted by April 1st. Approval/Denial notification will be sent by July 1st.
Signed and Dated Grant proposals and complete grant applications must be submitted via e-mail to Idida Briones at firstname.lastname@example.org. No hard copies will be accepted.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Idida Briones at 818-909-2207 Ext. 306 or via email at email@example.com.
Foundation Grant Proposal Review and Selection Process
Proposals will be evaluated for eligibility and ranked by the Board of Directors and staff of ESDF or their designee(s). The individuals on the evaluation team have substantial experience with archery and bowhunting and have familiarity with the Foundation Strategic Plans. The team will evaluate how well each applicant’s proposal addresses the goals and objectives of the Foundation Strategic Plans.
Please see the application for details on the grant review and approval process.
REQUIREMENTS: All grant applications must include the following:
- A complete application
- Use of Funds – 1 Page Doc.
- Copy of the IRS determination letter for 501(c)(3) public non-profits or government entities
- Copy of the most recent 990 or Financial Statements (Not applicable to Government Entities)
- Copy of the most recent audited annual Financial Statements or Financials prepared by your CPA
- Organization/Group/School 9 digit FEIN number or the Government entity Taxpayer Identification Number – TIN
- Applicable to 4H Groups: Copy of 4H Charter Certificate or Copy of USDA Letter
- Itemized list
Note: The Easton Foundations does not fund grants for salaries, travel, lodging, meals, prizes or non-archery equipment.
All grant applicants seeking funding for archery equipment must answer the following questions:
- Please tell us about your group. How many kids per class? How many shoot at the same time?
- Does your program/camp run weekend, weeklong, all year or seasonal? Please explain.
- How many are Elementary (5-11), Middle School (12-14), High School (15-18), College (18-22) and Adult (over 22)?.
- Please confirm that your program can operate and grow without the non-equipment funds requested?
- Only applicable if requesting NASP Equipment: Please confirm that your program can operate and grow without the NASP equipment requested in your grant? And are you OK with receiving recurve bows?
- Do you have additional funding sources? Do you have matching funds?
- Does your school/organization plan on having fundraisers to assist with the cost of the program? If not, what are the plans to raise additional funds?
- What kind of follow-up do you do in order to measure the success of your program?
- One of the goals of the Easton Foundations is to develop Olympic hopefuls. What other archery opportunities will your program provide to the young men and women? What resources does your program provide to them to allow them to pursue Archery further?
- If the foundation were to fund the purchase of archery equipment as stated in your request, how will the camp sustain itself in the future?
- Are you currently working with members in your community to assist in the expansion of your program?
- How will your program benefit the community?
- What archery resources are available to your community? (List websites and provide a list of local ranges/parks or clubs)
- Are you currently associated or working with USA Archery or any other archery association?
- If the Easton Foundations funds the equipment request, do you have a safe secured location to store the equipment? What type of storage does your facility has available? How is the equipment stored?
- Archery equipment requires regular maintenance; how do you plan to maintain the equipment in working condition? Do you have trained staff or volunteers that know how to maintain the equipment?
- For safety and for teaching proper technique, we do require that all archery programs funded by the Easton Foundations demonstrate that their instructors/coaches are archery certified. How many coaches in your program have active archery certification based on your group size?
- Please submit a copy of the archery curriculum.
- For ALL equipment grant requests we require that coaches take the Olympic Archery in Schools (OAS) online course and submit a completed copy of the Coaching Study Guide. To access the online course please go to Olympic Archery in Schools. This course is NOT a USA Archery certification course. To obtain USA Archery Level 1 or higher archery certification, please contact USA Archery directly by clicking on this link: http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Archery/Coaching/Certification-Program.
If you have received a previous grant from the Easton Foundations and you are requesting additional equipment/funding, please answer the following:
- Do you need additional equipment/funding because your program has grown or because the existing equipment is getting worn out? Please explain.
- How many kids shot archery in the year prior to receiving our grant?
- How many kids shot archery in the years since receiving our grant?
- How many kids do you estimate will shoot archery next year?
Shipping and Freight Information. For equipment grants:
Please note that once equipment ships to your organization or school, it is the responsibility of the receiving party to make the necessary arrangements to unload the equipment. While the Easton Foundations does pay for the cost of shipping the equipment to the requested address we will not provide and pay for additional shipping/freight services. The Easton Foundations reserves the right to bill the school or organization for unauthorized services.
The Easton Foundations does not provide the following services:
- Lift Gate services
- Pallet Jack services
- Beyond pick/up or drop off location
- Change of delivery location
- Labor for unloading equipment
- Inside delivery
- Appointment fees