Something Doesn’t Quite Seem Right!

thinking icon

If you ever feel that an archer might be taking an unfair advantage that could result in a change of the outcome of the tournament, you should tell a judge as soon as possible. It is especially important to act quickly in situations where nothing can be done about the issue once archers start shooting in the next round or match.

In the rare cases where you and the judge have exhausted all possible avenues of discussion without coming to an agreement or compromise, you have the right to file a protest. This is sometimes called a complaint or an appeal because you are asking to appeal a judge’s decision. However, all three terms apply to the same situation.

If this happens at a tournament hosted by the WA or World Archery Federation you must follow certain rules to resolve the issue.

Though many archers go their whole shooting careers without ever filing a protest, someday you may want to know more about the process and where to find a copy of the WA form.

The Protest Form is included in Book 1: Constitution, Administration, Championships, and Para-Archery. To make things easy, DiscoverArchery.org has also put together a PDF that explains the process for you. Discover Archery – What You Need to Know to File a Protest


The document is three pages and covers these topics:

documents icon
  • When should I file a protest, appeal, or complaint?

  • Who can file a protest?

  • How much time do I have to file my protest?

  • Do I need an official form?

  • Why is there a protest fee?

  • Where do I submit my protest?

  • How long will I have to wait for the decision?